Cooper was all prepared to "run away" this afternoon. We got a fireman's outfit for Halloween today at Wal-Mart, and he wanted to dress up in it when we got home. I told him that he had to save it for Halloween. (It's not the sturdiest get-up.) He was quite upset and hounded me all afternoon to wear it. I was not going to give in. I tried to explain to him that if something happened to it, then he just wouldn't have a Halloween costume. We just don't want to chance that, now do we?
His response? "I'm going to run away." He proceeded to pack his "bags." Actually, he grabbed Abby's dance bag (why, I have no idea. I guess he wanted something to remember her by.) Scott asked him if he wanted him to get the door for him. I love that man...
Well, Cooper made it to the end of the driveway. He turned around and came back to the side of the house for about 5 seconds, then came back in. I, of course, was watching from the dining room windows. As he walked up to the front door, I ran and resumed my lounge position on the couch. (I couldn't let him know that I was concerned.) He came back in and went to the refrigerator. By this time, Scott could hardly contain himself and was physically, yet silently, shaking with laughter. Cooper grabbed three slices of cheese and put them in his bag. Yes, folks, cheese is the choice survival food in times like these.
He then came back in the living room and announced that he was not running away. He said he wanted me and Scott to come with him. That boy! Oh, and guess what he had in his (or Abby's) bag -- Hot Wheels cars, his light saber, and a cowboy gun. He's nothing if not prepared for a shoot-out or an encounter with Darth Vader at a moment's notice. Oh, and let's not forget the cheese! Never mind a change of clothes, clean underwear and water, for goodness sakes! I don't know...He's a mess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww Cooper is just ssssssssssoooooooooooooooooo adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have tried to do that before, then I realized dude, how long can I last no water, no money, no chance of employment, no car, nearest friend approx. 21 miles and my mommy was making cookies!!!!!! Cooper is always going to have the cutest personality,he will just get so excited on Halloween!
We can't quit laughing!! What a hoot that must have been for you! God does have a sense of humor - in our children!
This is so funny!!! I can't believe that he is old enough to grasp the concept of "running away."
oh my gosh! that is hilarious! i dont know how you held it in! i would have been dying with laughter!
That boy cracks me up!
A boy scout he is not but how funny is that. The injustice he has to live with!
That is soooo cute! I can't believe how big they both are. I MISS YOU! I wish you were going to be at KC tomorrow...grrrrrrr!
I know, Tish. Wish I could be there, too. Give everyone a hello and "flarewell"...Love you! Hug Craddock for me.
Post a Comment