Friday, May 1, 2009

Canceled or Cancelled?

Here I go again. I know I am a nerd, but I have to say this: All extra-curricular activities have been canceled. I have seen it spelled canceled and cancelled in the past 2 days. And I have seen it in print more times than ever in those 2 days. According to my AP Stylebook and Libel manual, this is correct: cancel, canceled, canceling, cancellation.

And, hey, I made the mistake of typing cancelled so it just goes to show you that this is all quite disconcerting to me. ;) I know this bit of news will ease everyone's minds...

4 comments:

Robert Conn said...

Mandy, you are out of CONTROLL

Mandy said...

ha, ha.

Shelly said...

Rest your mind. I think they have medication for this. It's even over the counter....check it out. Hope it helps.

Mandy said...

Yeah, well. I need medication that's for sure! Sorry, Kami for the delay tonight! I forgot to turn the page to the 6th graders! Good Lord, I'm just glad I go through it! Whew! Awesome job on the handbells, by the way!