Saturday, March 8, 2008

How old is "old?"

I hope Cooper doesn't plan on being a manager when he grows up. He might have some trouble with the whole ageism issue among his subordinates...

Today he offered these tokens of wisdom on growing old. Just how gracefully he perceives this to be remains to be seen:

1. In the bathtub this morning he yells out, "Mama, I'm ready to get out. My toes are old." (as opposed to wrinkled)

2. At Sam's Club while perusing the joint for his lunch (you know, all those sample carts) he came upon one offering some chicken egg rolls. We told him he probably wouldn't like it, which he responded, "Why? Are they just for old people?" All the "old" people standing around thought it hilarious.

3. A few aisles away he spotted some Oil of Olay eye wrinkle cream, grabbed it up and tossed in our cart and said, "Mama you really need this." Thanks, Coop




1 comment:

Shelly Conn said...

Cooper is a funny little man. I love the cream comment. Whenever Claire sees anything to do with cleaning she says "mommy you need that". No, what I need is a maid.