Sunday, November 16, 2008

Where's the nostalgia?

We watched the old classic, "Shaggy Dog" last night. The DVD we have gives you the option of viewing the movie in color or black and white. I was out-voted last night. Three out of four of our family members prefer color over black and white, especially Cooper. Don't ever ask him to watch Andy Griffith with you. He once told me that he couldn't watch that because it was black and white and old!

What's funny is that I still won last night! The muted tones of the "color" version provided the vintage effect that I love about those older movies. You can keep your high definition; I'll take the oldies any day.

5 comments:

Joel said...

Hey! I love your blog page! I am working on mine right now...maybe soon it will be up and running!! Keep writing! I enjoy reading your stories! -Rena

Shelly said...

We love Andy Griffith at our house! There is even a Mayberry family bible study. Did you know that?
I am with you. Love black and whites. Maybe we are just old souls!

Kami said...

I like HD better but I like Andy Griffith! Are you speaking of Shaggy Dog with Tim Allen?

Mandy said...

Kami, it's the old OLD version...the one with Fred MacMurray and Annette Funicello...ever heard of 'em? :)

Mandy said...

Shelly -- tell me more about the Andy Griffith bible study!