Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thou Shalt...

We started a family devotional this morning over breakfast. The focus -- obedience. Yes, it is something we ALL need a little of, no?

We opened up with making a list of 10 new "rules" for our house. Now I won't go into the boring particulars except that Cooper did mention that "Daddy cannot toot so that I can smell." I can see the engraving now: "Thou shalt not toot." Oh brother...boys. We talked about why we follow rules and obey God's rules.

We ended with this message from Jesus: "If you love me you will obey what I command." (John 14:15) Pretty straight forward. Then why is it so hard to do -- especially for us adults?

3 comments:

Robert Conn said...

Every night part of my prayer over these kids is "I pray you do what's right, even when it is hard."

However, while I'm praying that I'm cringing because I know I must set that example for them.

Anonymous said...

I wish you luck on Cooper's request!
amanda

Joel said...

Well Done Stephens Family!