Ever notice how a rainy day can bring out the best in children? My kids are definitely more creative, not to mention witty, on rainy days. Case in point-- Abby discovered that the birthdays of two of her Webkinz had rolled around and decided to have a surprise birthday party. For two hours as she was setting up for this "surprise" party she scolded me and Cooper if we dared made mention of the party in front of the "guests of honor."
She set up "centers" (the girl is going to be a teacher-- I just know it) for different activities. We all gave "Pin the Tail on the Zebra" a try and sang "Happy Birthday" to a stuffed raccoon and a pony. She even had a pampering station. I got a foot massage and hand treatment. (Oh, the sacrifices us parents have to make sometimes.)
Cooper's turn at the pampering came and was he ready! He told us he really needed a massage. He even pointed out exactly where he needed it the most--on his neck.
"My back is hurting-- I must be getting old," he said. "Oh, my aching back!"
I don't know what is funnier-- the fact that we were celebrating the "birthdays" of two stuffed animals or that I left the party feeling more as if I was leaving a retirement center beauty parlor. At least we can't say we were bored on this rainy Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's a great way to spend a rainy Monday!! You're a great mom!
That is funny!
Hee! Hee! I can totally see this!
Post a Comment