Monday, July 6, 2009

Fakin' It?

Why do kids miraculously improve upon a doctor's visit? Cooper was sick this weekend. I mean, we were really worried. He had a very croup-like cough, fever, and he was just listless. To top it off he wasn't even at home. We were in E. Texas and my in-laws had the kids. (I have the greatest in-laws in the world by the way!) He told my mom in-law that he was home sick...I guess literally!

This morning he was still running a low-grade temp. but feeling a little better. So, I kept him with me during VBS so that we wouldn't expose the other preschoolers to anything. I left early to take him to the doctor. Of course, when we get there he is no longer running temp and isn't coughing. Dr. Adams said it was more than likely just a summer cold. She said she'd seen a lot of viral stuff here lately.

So, while I am glad he doesn't have an infection, couldn't we have at least got our money's worth? I mean really -- what's a mom gotta do?

3 comments:

Shelly Conn said...

Sorry. I hate when that happens. To take them or not to take them.

Shelly said...

I can top that! Kori's "sprained shoulder" cost us 600 bucks in xrays and dr visits only to find out she really just wanted a sling. Could have killed her!

Shelly said...

Can't wait to hear how your week is going being a teacher! Write soon!