Saturday, October 17, 2009

It's Been a While

Hello, blog world. I've missed you. Where has the time gone? It is already fall. I am loving this brisk, cool weather and the prospect of sweet potato pie and turkey.

Speaking of turkey, my little turkey learned to ride a bike without training wheels this evening. Abby taught Cooper to ride his bike in 20 minutes flat. He finally mustered the courage to actually get on the thing after about a year. Twenty minutes later, he was swerving around the driveway and down the sidewalk. He exclaimed, " Man, I almost ran into the mailbox." I had a flash forward moment to 12 years from now with him behind the wheel of a car and I cringed. I think I will enjoy the moment and not worry about the future.

Abby is such a wonderful big sister. She is so patient and kind toward Cooper. We are so blessed to have her in our lives. And she has been an amazing help during these first, very hectic, weeks of school.

Things have been a little crazy around here since school started, but every day gets a little easier. I am constantly on my knees asking for strength -- not just for myself as far as teaching, not only in finding a balance between family and work, but for our family to be spiritually filled to the brim through all of this. And I covet the prayers of anyone reading this.

I really could use some sweet potato pie about now. Just another month or so. I'll try to write more between now and then. For now, this is all I've got.

-30-

6 comments:

Shelly Conn said...

Hey! I'm here. Your kids are so sweet. Praying you have a great and calm week.

Joel said...

Wahooo! Cooper. We(I) started to call you Saturday. Caleb and Rena' are under the weather. I attempted your famous stew without success. Thought it would make them feel better.

Mandy said...

Thanks, Shelly! Joel-- so sorry they aren't feeling well. We're tearing our kitchen up this week (putting in new tile) so I won't be doing alot of cooking for a while. But when I get back in the kitchen my first order of business is stew, because we could use some too! Let me know if y'all need anything else this week.

Mandy said...

Scary! I just realized I put that Coop would be driving 12 years from now, when in reality it is 10! AHHH!!!

Shelly said...

So glad to hear from you. It is crazy starting the year isn't it. Praying for grace upon grace upon grace.

Rena' said...

Hey girl!!! I understand how overwhelmed you must be feeling. Let me know if you need someone to talk to at anytime! You are one of my dearest friends!! Let me know if I can help. Love ya!