Ok, I am in deep self-examination mode here. I need an intervention. I am addicted to a little show called, "Clean House." The sad thing is that I I don't take the advice I receive from this jewel of a television show. I watch to make myself feel better thinking all the while," Wow! At least my house isn't that bad!" But the truth is, my house is that bad. If you dare to venture upstairs to our "guest room/office," you would whole-heartedly agree. Shelly, you know what I'm talking about. In the three years that you've known me I know that you could count on one hand the times you have been invited to enter that room. And I know for a fact I have forbidden you from going up there at least a dozen times. I would, to say the least, be mortified if anyone were to see it as I type.
So, you ask, instead of typing and watching tv why don't you just get off your behind and clean already? I think this is where my ADD comes in. I cannot seem to focus my attention on the task. It has all become too overwhelming. It's the blasted paper work and craft misc. It is just too much I tell ya!
But, seriously, what is more disturbing -- my voyeurism into others' lives, my own chaotic and sloppy condition, or the fact that I am seeking advice and direction from a television show? I would have to say the latter. Comments?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
seriously folks... Once I tried to enter the aforementioned cavern and Mandy went into all attack mode. Before I knew it she was hunkered down on all fours and foaming at the mouth. She broke out into cold sweat and veins popped out of her neck. Her head spun around and oh the obscenities that came forth. Another time a small child was lost up there and remains missing today.
Mandy, we love you but you're at the beginning of a long and hard journey. It starts one small scrap-booking element at a time. Seriously get rid of the paper cutter!
Yes, that would probably help. But I can say one thing -- my kids are always entertained. Yesterday it was a "time machine" that Abby built with ballons, her bean bag, tape, and assorted bits of paper. We've got the creativity part down pat. Now if we can just channel our organized and motivated sides to clean our creative messes!
Post a Comment