Monday, June 2, 2008

Critical Thinking

I'll be taking my critical thinking test for the teacher prep program on Wednesday. Please pray for me!

I've been doing some research on the type of test I'll be taking. While I know that it's not the type of test that I can study for, I want to be somewhat "prepared." It's basically a logic and reasoning test. Scott said I can be a bit unreasonable (ha, ha!) at times, so I might be in trouble. :) But seriously, these kind of tests make me nervous because they aren't truly objective or subjective, and they are multiple choice. At least on essay or short answer tests you can reveal your take on things and "explain" yourself away. There are just so many viewpoints on different subjects. These tests are a conundrum for me because they aren't yes or no questions, but yet you cannot elaborate on your answers...Is this making sense to anyone? If not, could you kindly let me know before Wed, because I may be in more trouble than I think. I tend to over think. Speaking of over thinking, here's a little anecdote that I would like to share:

Today Cooper and I were reading one of those "opposites" books. We haven't focused on this concept in a while, because I thought he had it mastered, but perhaps not so much! We came to a page with two turtles. One was inside his shell; the other out. I read the line and pointed to "in." Of course Coop said "in." But then, I pointed to the turtle that was out of his shell. Coop said, "He's naked." I rest my case.

3 comments:

Robert Conn said...

If eggs are 12 cents a Dozen, how many could you buy for 26 cents?

Mandy said...

26 Eggs

Robert Conn said...

You're going to do just fine!