Ok, a huge duh from me tonight. I did not pray over our girls before we left to go caroling...I mean I was prayerful all day in anticipation, but I did not set a very good example for the whole group by not praying before we left in two vans and three vehicles. At one point, Bro. Skip and Robert walked by as we were lining up. Did I think to grab one of them and pray over us? Well, no. I just got caught up in who was going where, who had their permission slip, etc. And then there were the "I don't want to sit on that van" and "Can I sit with so and so."
I think the stress of the season is beginning to get to me. And I was just saying the other day that this year has not been hectic. Lord, forgive me.
Everything went great, though. And I think we really brought some cheer to some folks, even with our off-key renditions of Silent Night and We Wish You a Merry Christmas! It feels great to make someone smile, doesn't it? And no one can do that better than a bunch of kiddos! Our girls are great!
It was a great night. I so am blessed, despite my shortcomings. We have a very forgiving Father, don't we?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Geesh Mandy, I'm glad I've never done anything like that.
God had you in the mercy seat! I know that He had a big smile on His face hearing those girls sing too!
We missed Kami and Kori last night. Hope all is well with you guys. I saw the kiddos this morning with Sandy. Adorable!!!
Yes, Robert, if only I were as flawless as some...
Hope you guys have a great visit with your family. And I won't forget this time to pray for your travel grace!!
Post a Comment