Thursday, July 10, 2008

VBS

Tomorrow is our last day of VBS 2008. I must say that I enjoyed this year, not because it was easier or ran more smoothly (which it did.) But, I really saw the light bulbs go off over the kids' heads. Maybe it was because I was teaching a second grade class (the last 2 years I was with kindergarten); but they seemed, for the most part, so much more engaged and genuinely interested during the mission time and the bible study time. And, not to mention, Felicia Edelman has been a great help.

This whole week has been one honkin' convicting time for me, and I am praising God for that. I truly needed it. I think sometimes we get so focused on finishing the task of VBS, because it can be a bit challenging with all the different dynamics, that we leave God out of it. That sounds strange, but I think, true. It becomes a chore; just another thing to check off of your summer to-do list. I don't know, maybe I'm just speaking for myself. I'm just being honest. Last year, it was an obligation. And this year it almost was, but for the wisdom of God's slap on the top of my head.

No comments: