Our family is officially obsessed with the Internet, and I have had it up to HERE! (If anyone is wondering, HERE is about 5 ft. 3") I've had it past here, actually.
Things escalated this evening when Scott, while on the computer himself, called to Abby to come downstairs and log off the computer. She was checking her WebKinz. (We actually only have one computer for our house, but Scott brings home his laptop from work most days.) Anyway, he had to ask her again to get off the computer, so we grounded her from the computer for the remainder of the week. She probably thinks she'll get off easy, since she will be going to the grandparents Wednesday. I'm making a mental note to prepare for a showdown with them if they do not comply with our wishes. But, that's another blog...
I think it's probably safe to say that we are not the only family who are competing with computers and television for time (quality and quantity) with our kids. I am ashamed to say that, but I'm afraid it's true.
We were plugging right along during the "Golden Years" of preschool and infancy. We were so careful not to allow too much of this, too much of that. But, now I am struggling with the question, "What is too much?" I know, in my heart, the answer to that question. I'm just afraid to answer it -- probably because I'm too busy typing on my blog, or reading other blogs or checking my email or catching up on the news on MSN, or googling something, or setting my TiVo...
Seriously, this could be a problem. I, for one, along with my crime-fighting partner, Shelby Scott Stephens (even if I have to drag him bloodied away from online Gin or Fantasy Football) will not stand for it!
*No husbands or children were injured during the typing of this blog. Any and all suggestions for the peaceful resolution to this domestic quandary are accepted and, in fact, welcomed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so with you! Especially with Kami. She is on it all the time. I can't wait for school to start for this very reason. Plus, she isn't on it for a few hours then I hop on to check things out and she comes in and sit here waiting for me to get off. I hate hovering! I am so down with this girl!
Post a Comment