





It's back to the old grind. Abby is a third grader at Butterfield Elementary. Her teacher is Ms. Prince. She was really excited to learn that several of her classmates from last year are in her class, as well as Grace Claiser and a girl from her 1st grade class. It does make it easier when there are some familiar faces.
She was pumped about having her classroom upstairs. All the 3-5th grades are on the second level; Pre-K - 2nd are on the first. The funniest thing is how impressed she was with the bathrooms. "They have full-length mirrors, so you can see your whole body! They're really cool!" The bathrooms are a teacher's dream. You can see into both girls and boys while they are washing their hands, which makes for much easier supervision.
I was a little melancholy after taking her in this morning. I just can't believe she's in the third grade. Where does the time go? Cooper will begin kindergarten next year, and I'll probably be teaching. That brings a whole new set of fears -- I will not be able to take him to class on the first day. Yikes! Shelly McD, I'll need your advice on that one.
Take a look at these pictures. I just can't believe it's going by so quickly! Remember Manerva?
2 comments:
These are great pictures! Poor Minerva! A chicken hawk got her so she is in the big farm yard in the sky.
It would be great if you could teach where the kids go to school. That can make it a bit easier.
Love the pictures
Post a Comment